Thursday, April 10, 2008

Something old, Something new

I realize that I haven't posted anything related to my wedding yet. Well, except for the Times article, below. But I thought it was about time to let you all in on how things were progressing. Planning a wedding is HARD!!! If it wasn't for my mom, I'd be lost. Honestly, when you need the caterers they're nowhere to be found, but when you're busy with other things (oh I don't know, say, working, social life, blog...) they have tastings scheduled every quarter of the hour. At least they're usually delicious, and work with that whole "small meals" lifestyle ;)

Today I have to decide between flowers. I really think there's no wrong answer, but I'm leaning towards natural and rustic as opposed to big and fancy. Here are the final two samples, I've had them in my apartment for a few days, just feeling them out. Lilacs smell divine!

There was a pink bouquet with roses, and these little berries, beautiful also... but everyone does roses. And lilacs remind me of my childhood, having beautiful trees blossoming outside my bedroom window.

I'm sure you've all heard of "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" right? Here's how my assortment of good luck novelties have come to be:

OLD: My mother has passed down my great grandmother's engagement ring.
NEW: The lovely Ms. Annabelle Freeman (a bridesmaid!) has decided that my "something new" should come in a box marked "Christian Louboutin." Who am I to disagree?!
BORROWED: Vera is lending me one of her couture dresses, what a doll, right?
BLUE: Eye shadow? nail polish? Haha, I haven't decided... Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This totally sounds like a dream wedding! You're so lucky. I think old and rustic would be really cool.

I hope you post pictures from the wedding! All the best.